Consuming more Vitamin C helps our bodies fight a wide variety of certain common illnesses, and when we do get sick, it can alleviate symptoms and shorten the duration of colds and other maladies. Many people reach for orange juice and other citrus fruits for a Vitamin C kick, but there’s an even more powerful superfruit that has 25 to 40 times as much Vitamin C by weight than citrus: rosehips.
That was the inspiration for NADI, which revives the ancient health tradition of rosehip drink by turning wild-grown berries handpicked from rose bushes in the Caucasus Mountains of Georgia into a delicious organic drink that delivers a healthy dose of Vitamin C. Reduce your risk of falling ill this winter by keeping your immune system strong with plenty of Vitamin C, lots of rest and a healthy diet.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that’s required for over 300 metabolic functions in the body. It enhances immunity by increasing the production of the immune system protein interferon. It’s best to intake vitamin C everyday for optimal health, and the more natural forms of vitamin C are more easily absorbed by the body than vitamin C is supplements.
- Rosehips are naturally very high in vitamin C and antioxidants. They are extremely low in natural sugar and their nutrients are easily absorbed by the body.
- Vitamin C in fruits high in natural sugars can harm or decrease the healthy bacteria in your gut
- Taking an adequate amount of vitamin C, by drinking a daily bottle of NADI juice for example, can help to prevent getting a cold or flu
- Also eating or taking supplements of the following herbs, minerals and vitamins, in combination with natural sources of vitamin C will further boost the immune system and protect your body during cold and flu season:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C can also help prevent blood clots and cataracts, and it helps to lower LDL cholesterol – more on the benefits of vitamin C in future blogs!